An FPV drone gives you an impressive experience and has its own challenge. In recent years, first-person view (FPV) drones have grown in popularity, expanding the FPV drone users.
What Are FPV Drones?
The term FPV refers to first-person vision. This basically implies that the pilot sees precisely what the drone sees while controlling an FPV drone. Traditional drones are different from FPV drones in that the pilot controls them from the ground. As simply, you have to control the drone by using a drone eye view.
Drones, both FPV and traditional, have the same fundamental design. They’re both remote-control (RC) aircraft with inbuilt cameras that can broadcast live video. While not all conventional drones come with an inbuilt camera, practically all of them may be equipped with one for FPV.
You can also control FPV drones as traditional drones. The only difference is the controlling method of the FPV drones. It needs some special equipment and skills rather than a traditional drone.
FPV Drones Used for?
Both FPV drones and conventional drones use the same kind of usages including aerial photography and cinematography, remote inspections, security, and entertainment purposes.
But especially FPV drones give an amazing pilot experience that not give traditional drones. It is also special to drone racing, cinematic aerial videography.
If you are unable to see the drone on the ground, you can control the drone with an FPV system. It is the best to fit for security purposes.
To control an FPV drone you should have an onboard camera system that allows you to receive video signals with minimal latency.
- Remote controller with FPV screen or not
- Smartphone as the monitor to receive video output from the drone
- Video goggles; these are not necessary but it helps you to better control and user experience
- Headset; also not necessary but you can hear whatever thing the drone hears
The most essential one is good practice. This FPV control is much harder than ground control of the drone.
What is the best FPV drone in the current market?
The DJI FPV is the best FPV racing drone in the market. It comes with a complete FPV pack including video goggles. You can find more information about the product in the below link.
- Immersive flight experience
- 4K/60FPS high quality video
- Advanced safety features
- HD Low-Latency Transmission
- Racing drone
- Need very good training to fly
- Transmitter cannot be used with anything else (even the DJI Air unit or Caddx Vista)
- Goggles can be used with DJI Air unit but will lose pairing with the FPV drone